Thursday, October 4, 2007

India.

I will be heading to India on my first mission trip on Oct 11th 2007. I have already raised my support, however I would appreciate prayers as we endeavor to bring the gospel to an unreached people. Here is the schedule as we understand it currently. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Team Members

Jon, Kathy, and Jonathan C., Michael C., Beverly C, Antonio Da Rosa., Paige E., Illa F., Tony G., Kathy J., Michell K., Pierre L., Russ M., Carol M., Robert S., Dan W., and myself. (I used initials because I did not ask permission to post their names. Be assured God knows who we are. :) )

Indian time is 12.5 hours ahead of PST

10/10/-10/12 travel from LAX to Calcutta. over 27 hours of actual flight time including a refuel in Tokyo where we have one hour to go through customs and get back on the plane... why ? I don't know. Also a lay over in Singapore. Please pray for safety and that we will not have any major hurdles to overcome as well as the well being of my family left behind.

10/13 Travel to Manipur and in-country orientation. Please pray for our continued Health and Safety as well as team unity.

10/14 Worship with Local Believers as well as being introduced to our interpreters. Antonio will be giving a cram course on Eternal Security to approximately 100 Indian pastors! Please keep this important time in prayer!

10/15-10/19 home to home evangelism and outreach. It will be just me with an Indian interpreter and perhaps another Indian believer who does not speak english. We will be dropped off 10-120 miles away from Imphal and perhaps be the first white person some people have ever seen. Please pray for my safety, and that I will clearly share the gospel with those who have never heard of Jesus. Especially pray for the Holy Spirit to convince them of the Truth of the Gospel. To take away the blinds Satan has over their eyes. There are many animists and idol worshippers there, and spiritual warfare will be present. Pray for God's will to be done.

10/19 Celebration day. Baptisms? New believers will be invited to join us. Please pray for them to persevere in their new Faith as well as their safety, as they can face harassment, beatings, being disowned by their families, and even death.

10/20 begin our trip home.

10/21 arrive back to LAX

Please keep us in prayer!!! I will give an update upon my return.

Love in Christ

Trent

P.S. Please be patient at first as this is my first blog, and it will take me a bit of time to get the hang of it. :)

16 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I will be praying about the trip.

Trent said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

When you write what religion someone considered themselves you need to change the Christian (on top of the list) to Protestant. Catholic is Christian. As a matter of fact if you go to Israel and tell people you are a Christian they know (and assume) you are Catholic.

alvin said...

I will also be praying for your trip,,,,,blessings alvin

Antonio said...

Trent,

looking forward to having my mind stretched...

Antonio

Trent said...

Hmm.. Good point anonymous. I also left out jewish. i will cancel and start it over... eventually. I have to keep adding one and saving. :)

Thank you Alvin

Antonio, I hope it meets your expectations.

Trent said...

If you already voted in the poll, please revote, as I updated it to include Jews as well as differentiate Catholics from protestant

Anonymous said...

Hello Trent, this is Erin. God bless you brother.

I believe we must go by Scripture alone for the Bible is the inerrant Divinely inspired written Word of God, while Jesus Christ is the Eternal Living Word of God, God the Son. Can we find valuable insights in purely manmade works, such as the works of the 'church fathers', CS Lewis, and others? Absolutely. But we must also and always remember not to elevate these writings and works above their station. Do not elevate the writings of men without Divine inspiration to the level of Divinely inspired Scripture.

Trent said...

Hi Erin. Amen. To gain insight definetely, but to use to interpret, or to put on Par with scripture never. I have been considering a few different topics for my first. I think I will do something a bit fun to get us into the mix of things.

Anonymous said...

Hey my older and not so bigger Brother, Semper Fi, I hope you are having a great time and that the people are treating you well. I am not sure if you will get this while you are gone but I myself am packing now for my own trip to Idaho wish me luck as not only will I be fishing but hunting too and I am taking my family along with. I also plan to be a fisher of men to the guys I am triping with on this guided escapade they are all dissabled Veterans and it will be in Field and Stream Magazine and taped by ESPN. So maybe I can be a vessel to millions of people through my actions while on camera. Pray for me. Chuck

Trent said...

God was incredible! I am in Singapore awaiting my flight back to the U.S. only 18 hours to be home.... and it only takes 3 hours clock time.

Jeremy Myers said...

Trent,

I was glad to read reports of the trip from Antonio's blog. It sounds like you all were blessed with fruitful and effective ministry in India.

Thanks for the comment on my blog as well. It is what led me to you blog. You have an interesting blog title. I look forward to reading more about what you have to say.

Trent said...

Thank you Jeremy. I just posted my trip report. Please comment.. and if you like, link to it. I am trying to get some people involved. My first topic will probably be a bit light to get people hopefully enjoying themselves a bit before getting into the meat.

Trent said...

Chuck, no, I am not bigger. It looks like there are quite a few brothers here. :) I hope you are a fisher of men.

Charles Klock said...

Hi Trent,

Thought I would visit your blog and say hello.

clklock

Trent said...

Thanks Charles. I hope you visited my main page. :)